Thursday 27 April 2017

Earning while learning





Is ‘Earning while learning’ a humiliating affair for family? Also, are our celebrities’ words and lives taken so seriously by young minds? 
Today morning I had to witness an angry father and innocent son’s brawl. Upon opening the door I saw Deepak, our car washing guy, a B.Com student, who earns his pocket money by washing cars in the evening. 
Anxious Deepak said “Aunty, I will not come from tomorrow. My father wants to talk to you.” 
"Come on man… you borrowed Rs. 2000 just yesterday and now you want to leave...", I wanted to grumble. Suddenly I saw a well-dressed , middle aged man emerging from a car outside. He furiously opened the gate, handed over the pink note to me, and in the next moment gave two tight slaps on Deepak's face.
I was totally confused… The man declared, “I own a travel agency, and also some agricultural land in Kanakapura. I pay 1 lac per month as salaries, and look at this fool... I could have given him enough money. But secretly he is washing cars for money. Does he care about my prestige...?
I interrupted, "Sir... It is fine.. He is a good boy…He was into earning. Not a big deal… Please don’t hurt him. If you don’t like it, you can ask him to stop. "
I asked Deepak, "Why did you work against your father’s wish?"
“Aunty, in ‘WEEK END WITH RAMESH’ T. V. show, I often see people who were struggling in life yet supported themselves and grew up to become celebrities.. So even I wanted to be independent and prove myself…” Innocent Deepak’s eyes filled with tears…
I was speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment